Menu Duplicates off screen

Forums Forums Menus Menu Duplicates off screen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Crazynutt

Hi, I’ve just installed the menus, so far I’m happy with them, however, it seems that I have the sub-menu’s stuck off to the right of screen.

They also work on the main section (as they should), but I’m concerned for the extra bit.

In the code I have found the following entry changes this, and the 3rd line moves the position.
    It is usually ‘-999em’.

#suckerfishnav ul {
        position:absolute;
        right:-100em;
        height:auto;
        width:131px;
        font-weight:normal;
        margin:0;
        line-height:1;
        border:0;
        border-top:1px solid #cccccc;
        }

Can anyone suggest why this shows up on my site, and how to get rid of it? I have checked on other sites and cannot see it there.

The url of my site is: http://www.RevolutionCoaching.com.au

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Crazynutt.

You have specified right:-100em; in your CSS, but later on you refer to right:-999em. I assume this is causing most of your problems.

You have specified right:-100em; in your CSS, but later on you refer to right:-999em. I assume this is causing most of your problems.

Crazynutt

The values are the ones that change the position of this menu.
    It was originally -999em however, I have changed this now to -100em in order to bring it closer to the content of the page, thus making a smaller page (less of a scroll bar on the page).

If I bring the value back to 0em or even delete it, it sits where the menu should be but does not hide and therefore makes the menu visible (as an outline with words-no solid colour) all the time.

Crazynutt

The values are the ones that change the position of this menu.
    It was originally -999em however, I have changed this now to -100em in order to bring it closer to the content of the page, thus making a smaller page (less of a scroll bar on the page).

If I bring the value back to 0em or even delete it, it sits where the menu should be but does not hide and therefore makes the menu visible (as an outline with words-no solid colour) all the time.

[quote:p5o1rco1]The values are the ones that change the position of this menu.
    It was originally -999em however, I have changed this now to -100em in order to bring it closer to the content of the page, thus making a smaller page (less of a scroll bar on the page).[/quote:p5o1rco1]

Not exactly. Those values control the position of the dropdowns/flyouts when they are not visible. This technique is used for accessibility reasons so that non-visual browsers can still see the menu contents, whereas if display:none was used to hide the lower level menu lists, they would be permanently hidden from those browsers.

It is setup in such a way that you should not see scroll bars. The dropdowns/flyouts should just dissapear 999em’s off of the page and therefore never be visible. I can’t see any point in changing it to 100em.

[quote:p5o1rco1]The values are the ones that change the position of this menu.
    It was originally -999em however, I have changed this now to -100em in order to bring it closer to the content of the page, thus making a smaller page (less of a scroll bar on the page).[/quote:p5o1rco1]

Not exactly. Those values control the position of the dropdowns/flyouts when they are not visible. This technique is used for accessibility reasons so that non-visual browsers can still see the menu contents, whereas if display:none was used to hide the lower level menu lists, they would be permanently hidden from those browsers.

It is setup in such a way that you should not see scroll bars. The dropdowns/flyouts should just dissapear 999em’s off of the page and therefore never be visible. I can’t see any point in changing it to 100em.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.