tab height and line break

Forums Forums Menus tab height and line break

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Meela

Hey Ryan! Congratulations for the good job on this plugin. Its really useful!

I’d like to know if it’s a css problem and how can i fix it. I have titles for the sub-menus, but they pass over the tab width. I wouldnt like to change the default width. Is there a way to make a kind of line break in that tabs, changing its height instead of let each line quilometric?

http://www.phoenixespacoholistico.com.br/inicio/

[sorry about the bad english]

Hi,
    Your problem is probably caused by this:
    [code:272nk288]<ul id="navigation">
    <ul id="suckerfishnav">[/code:272nk288]

If you need to place the UL#suckerfishnav inside another list, then you need to place it inside a LI tag as you can’t place a U tag inside another UL tag.

However, I suspect your problem is actually caused by the surrounding UL tag, so just remove that and your problem should be solved.

Your theme presumably has something like this at the moment:
    [code:272nk288]
    <ul id="navigation">
    <?php suckerfish(); ?>
    </ul>
    [/code:272nk288]

Just change that to something like this and I think your problem will be fixed:
    [code:272nk288]<?php suckerfish(); ?>[/code:272nk288]

Meela

Hey,

when i removed the <ul id="navigation"> the menu worked well, but the page desconfigured and the text moves to right.

I can’t just put the <?php suckerfish(); ?> code cause it’s already adapted (i’ve read all the topics here):

<ul id="suckerfishnav">
    <li><a href="<?php bloginfo(‘url’); ?>">InĂ­cio</a></li>
    <li><a href="">Phoenix</a>
    <ul>’ <? wp_list_pages(‘title_li=&sort_column=ID&include=35,37’)?> ‘</ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="">Terapias</a>
    <ul>’ <? wp_list_pages(‘title_li=&sort_column=ID&include=38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51’)?> ‘</ul>
    </li>
    </li><li><a href="">Aulas</a>
    <ul>’ <? wp_list_pages(‘title_li=&sort_column=ID&include=52,53,54’)?> ‘</ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="http://www.phoenixespacoholistico.com.br/inicio/?page_id=55">Contato</a&gt;
    </li>
    </ul>

[quote:2kb2c49d]when i removed the <ul id="navigation"> the menu worked well, but the page desconfigured and the text moves to right.[/quote:2kb2c49d]

What exactly is wrong with your site and what text moved to the right?

Meela

I dont really know what exactly is wrong. I think it’s a css problem, as i told you before.
    Everything goes fine, except the menu. When i remove that tag submitted to "navigation", the menu works well and the content text move to the right (it’s like this now, if you go there and see).
    It’s quite bizarre, cause i dont see any links between the content and this tag, or even this file (header.php). When i take off a property in the css file, called "overflow: scroll", the content stays in it’s right place but, obviously, without scrolling.
    I’ve tried to let the suckerfish css code equal to the class "navigation" of the theme css code, and it didnt work too.
    I’m not seeing the influence(if there really is an influence) this tags have on the content text (submited to "insideWrapper" class).

Thanks.

Hi,
    I can’t see any reason why removing the tag would cause a problem. The UL#navigation tag was closed, so removing it shouldn’t have caused any cascading CSS issues for the content below, ditto for the UL#suckerfishnav tag.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.