No clue how to make this work

Forums Forums Menus No clue how to make this work

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    one9us

My current CSS points to background images for my main menu and, since I have only some experience with CSS, I can’t figure out how to implement it in such a way that it uses my current background images as opposed to a solid color.

Hi one9us,
    I assume you are just wanting to change the background image of the menu? In which case, make sure you have an image in your main menu from the CSS generator, and find the image files cod in the CSS. Then just change the URL of that file to wherever your existing image is.

one9us

No, I’d like to specify not only the background (which is made up of 2 images) but also different parent pages.  Also, I’d like to specify only certain child pages under each parent.

Er, I’m still a little confused. Could you post an image showing what you want to achieve? That might be an easier way of explaining it.

one9us

Sure.

I’m hoping for something like this in the end:
    http://one9.us/images/misc/dropdown-menus.jpg

As it is, the Photos link goes to a page with a list of links and I hate that set-up.  Dropdowns are so much nicer and save a click.

I don’t get it.

What are you trying to achieve that the CSS generator doesn’t automatically do?

one9us

You know what… Chris Pirillo finally released WicketPixe so it doesn’t matter anymore; I’m just going to install that.

What is WicketPixe? I tried googling and couldn’t find anything about it.

I found a WordPress theme called WicketPixie (extra ‘i’) which I assume is what you meant.

one9us

Sorry, WicketPixie was what I meant.  I tried it out and didn’t care for it, so now I’m back to my previous theme.  Maybe I’ll be able to get the drop-downs to work this time around.

The problem I have is that my style sheet refers to those top links as #menu, so when I try to place reference to the drop-down style sheet in it’s place, the links are stacked vertically, instead of horizontally.

Well if you have troubles, just post back here and I’ll see what I can do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.