Deleting a page makes all its subpages appear on top level

Forums Forums Menus Deleting a page makes all its subpages appear on top level

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chillinum

I’m using the PixoPoint menu plugin for WordPress and it’s been working great.

However, we came across an issue where a page that has subpages is deleted, and instead of those subpages not showing up (expected behavior) they show up in the top level of the menu.

For example, for the following menu list:
    About
    — Contact Us

Social Media

If I delete Contact Us, this is what I expect to happen:
    About

However, this is what actually happens:
    About   
    Social Media

I’d rather not tell the client to have to copy/paste ID’s into the exclude field for all the subpages, is there another way to handle this case?

Thank you

That’s an issue with WordPress core, not the plugin. The plugin simply hooks into the wp_list_pages() function in WordPress.

I’m not sure you will be able to find a solution to your issue as I can’t think of an alternative way of dealing with this. If you delete the parent page, the sub-pages have to go somewhere, and deleting them as well would not necessarily be a good solution IMO.

chillinum

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t think deleting them is a good solution either, I just think, in a menu context, hiding those pages would be the proper behavior. But since the plugin is using wp_list_pages() that makes it a little more challenging.

I’m working on a solution, the website using it is already live and this plugin has been working fine except for this one issue. I’ll post back here with what I come up with.

Hi,
    Sorry for the ridiculously long wait time before I have replied.

You may find that the new built in WordPress menu system is a good solution for your particular situation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.