not working….

Forums Forums Menus not working….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    darthij

Hi,

Please forgive me for being a noob, and I hope my problem isnt something incerdably obvious that i have over looked.

I am using the pixopoint drop down menu plugin and it doesnt seem to be working.  I have places the piece of code in the header.php (as shown in the quote below), however, this doesnt seem to have created drop down menus.  I suppose my question is partly about how to add pages to the drop down menu.  Also, it created a second home button.

If i change the style settings it changes the navigation bar to having a red background, so presuambly the plugin is working to an extent.
    [quote:2b51dhyb]<?php
    global $options;
    foreach ($options as $value) {
    if (get_settings( $value ) === FALSE) { $$value = $value; } else { $$value = get_settings( $value ); }
    }
    ?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"&gt;
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&quot; <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo(‘html_type’); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo(‘charset’); ?>" />
    <title><?php wp_title(‘|’, true, ‘right’); ?><?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?></title>
    <?php
    $favicon = $cleansimplewhite_favicon;
    echo ‘<link rel="shortcut icon" href="’;
    if (!empty($favicon)) {
    echo "$favicon";
    } else {
    echo bloginfo(‘template_directory’).’/favicon.ico’;
    }
    echo ‘" />’;
    ?>

<link href="<?php bloginfo(‘stylesheet_url’); ?>" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    <?php if ( is_single() || is_page() ) wp_enqueue_script( ‘comment-reply’ ); ?>
    <?php wp_head(); ?>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="wrapper">
    <div id="container">
    <div id="header">
    <h1><a href="<?php bloginfo(‘home’); ?>"><?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?></a></h1>
    <div id="head-desc"><?php bloginfo(‘description’); ?></div>
    </div><!– end header –>

<div id="head-nav">
    <ul id="nav">
    <li><a href="<?php bloginfo(‘home’); ?>">Home</a></li>
    <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();}; ?>
    </ul>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    </div><!– end head-nav –>

<div id="main-content">[/quote:2b51dhyb]

Please, any help would be hugely appreciated!

Ian

Anonymous

I’ve just started using this plugin too, but I think I can help.  The plugin is already in a <ul> so you don’t need to add that.  You also have manually created your home link while the pixopoint menu does it for you, which is why you have two.  Try removing your <ul> code and placing the pixopoint line inside your <div id="head-nav"></div> tags.  For styling, use the css ids & classes that come with pixopoint.

Anonymous

I downloaded the multi level navigation plugin to the word press /headway site that I am building- it shows as having loaded in my wp admin plugin page, but I don’t know how to activate it from this point. Can you direct me to an instructional tutorial to get me started?  I seem yo be missing a step- it’s not showing anything on the headway admin page.

@darthij:

Try changing the following:
    [code:318me6fu]<div id="head-nav">
    <ul id="nav">
      <li><a href="<?php bloginfo(‘home’); ?>">Home[/url]</li>
      <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();}; ?>
    </ul>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    </div><!– end head-nav –>[/code:318me6fu]

To this:
    [code:318me6fu]<?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();}; ?>[/code:318me6fu]

&quot;Lyn martin&quot; wrote:
    I downloaded the multi level navigation plugin to the word press /headway site that I am building- it shows as having loaded in my wp admin plugin page, but I don’t know how to activate it from this point. Can you direct me to an instructional tutorial to get me started?  I seem yo be missing a step- it’s not showing anything on the headway admin page.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pix … tallation/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.