WP: Something broke the menu, works on local, not on remote

Forums Forums Menus WP: Something broke the menu, works on local, not on remote

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beezwings

My dropdown menu was working fine, and then for some unknown reason, it broke and it displays as a simple html menu, breaking the layout of the page.  As I have a relatively similar copy of my wordpress site locally, I thought if I uploaded my template files, all would be resolved, but no luck.  If I disable the plugin, the page is not broken (though no menu shows up) and when I re-enable, it’s the same problem. 

Why would it be different on my local machine? Any help greatly appreciated!

beezwings

Hi~

Sorry for not providing more info.  I will upload two sample pages: one online that is broken, and one from my local machine which appears more or less correctly (but won’t for you because I’m only allowed to upload 4 files!).  Please let me know if there is more info that you need.

From what I can see, it seems that  the css input from the wordpress dashboard is simply not registering with the site properly. I tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling, still no luck.

There’s a bunch of garbage non-sensical code in there:
    [quote:2qtbgzi0]<!– Multi-level Navigation Plugin v2.2.1 by PixoPoint Web Development … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/multi-level-navigation/ –>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="N%C4%81land%C4%81%20Translation%20Committee%20%C2%BB%20Annual%20Newsletter_files/style.html">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="N%C4%81land%C4%81%20Translation%20Committee%20%C2%BB%20Annual%20Newsletter_files/jquery.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="N%C4%81land%C4%81%20Translation%20Committee%20%C2%BB%20Annual%20Newsletter_files/hoverIntent.html"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="N%C4%81land%C4%81%20Translation%20Committee%20%C2%BB%20Annual%20Newsletter_files/superfish.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="N%C4%81land%C4%81%20Translation%20Committee%20%C2%BB%20Annual%20Newsletter_files/superfish_settings.html"></script>[/quote:2qtbgzi0]

Some of the JS and PHP files have .html extensions!!!

That would definitely explain why nothing is working.

beezwings

It was working fine, then I flew to India, and when I checked it again, it was broken.  I can give you the link to the site itself, but it is password protected and so I’d rather send you that info via email.

http://www.nalandatranslationcommittee. … ewsletter/

beezwings

Seems I can get around it by putting the css code directly into my style sheet.  Is that a legit workaround?

Yes, that would work.

It doesn’t fix the more serious problem of that code being complete nonsense. Whatever caused that is definitely not related to the plugin, that is something far more serious as it’s literally changed the URLs for a bunch of things.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.