Sub-pages only go 7 deep

Forums Forums Menus Sub-pages only go 7 deep

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carnuke

Version 2.2.1
    wp- V 2.9.2
    Using menu generator Green dazzle (unmodified)
    CSS is pasted in plugin form.
    Site link unavailable (not live yet)

Installed MLN works perfectly, except I noticed that sub pages only go to 7 deep. How do I get all the sub pages? I set the options to ‘infinite level’ so I assume all sub pages should show? There are no layers like flash covering the menu. My hireachy is as follows:

Parent page
    -sub1
    -sub2
    -sub3
    -sub4
    -sub5
    -sub6
    -sub7

MLN drop down stops here!
    -sub8
    -sub9
    -sub10

Thanks for your help …

I’m guessing WordPress’s built in wp_list_pages() function doesn’t go any deeper than that.

carnuke

Thanks Ryan, so where is the code [code:2m4d5r0i]wp_list_pages()[/code:2m4d5r0i] so that I can check the arguments? Is it in the plugin? I set it for infinite level in the options.

The function is declared in the plugin, but it’s the core WordPress function which I assume is causing your issue.

You could try using get_pages() instead perhaps.

What are you needing such a massive number of levels for?

carnuke

I didn’t think 10 sub pages is that large. (as I show in my first post) So you’re saying that any page can only show 7 child pages deep? ok if so, I’ll make sub-sub pages instead.

I don’t recall ever seeing a site with a menu that deep.

The furthest I’ve ever gone is to four levels and only for other people, never for my own purposes. The furthest I’ve taken my own sites menus to is three levels and that was only to use as a demonstration that our plugin works to that level (http://dunedinicehockey.hellyer.kiwi/). I have seen a few that go to five, but they start to become a pain in the neck to navigate at that point.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.