Dropdown menu disappears when mouse over on Safari 4.0 only

Forums Forums Menus Dropdown menu disappears when mouse over on Safari 4.0 only

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NevilleLang

Hi Ryan,

To check my site against most browsers, yesterday, I downloaded Safari v4.0 for Windows. This is the first time I have used this browser.

While the PixoPoint menu system I use on my currently primitve site workds on the other main browsers (IE8, Opera 10, FireFox 3.5, Chrome 4.0), I am having trouble with Safari. When you run the mouse over a top-level  menu with a submenu attached, the dropdown does display. However, if you run the mouse down list submenu list, it suddenly disappears.

On my test menu system, one of my menus has 3 levels and what seems to happen is that when the mouse gets to the submenu item that is a parent of more submenus, the dropdown menus disappear altogether.

I have tried deactivating all plugins with no change (in case there was any conflicts.  I also tried changing a few of the values in the "dropdown Menu Settings’ but none of these changed anything in Safari.

Any clues?

My site is http://www.breakthroughsinsoftware.com and I am using the K2 theme.

Regards,
    Neville Lang

P.S. I did notice that your dropdown menus work fine at your demo site (Dunedin Ice Hockey) in Safari 4.0 so it is likely to be something on my site but I do not know what.

Anonymous

Neville
    Remove the "Title" options from the menu and the drop down will work fine.  Safari cannot handle displaying the title popup and hold position on the menu – maybe some unicorn tears have got in the works…  You can see this if you leave the titles in and wait for each popped up title to disappear before moving between menu selections.  Once you have done this the sub-menu will remain visible until you move the mouse away from it.  Worked for me anyway.  Good luck.
    Byron 

Anonymous

As a matter of interest this pixopoint page also displays the same behaviour even though it only has single layer menus.  If you view this page under Safari 4 and move quickly between menu options the menu will often disappear but not if you wait until all the titles have been displayed and then hidden. 
    Byron

Thanks for noticing that Byron. I wasn’t aware of this. I’ll set the default to disable the title tags from now on in any new releases to get around this problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.