insert multilevel plugin and thesis 1.6

Forums Forums Menus insert multilevel plugin and thesis 1.6

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    noel

does the multilevel plugin work with thesis 1.6?
    and if so where does <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?> get inserted

also the pixopoint menu which has the automatic integration with thesis 1.6
    cannot be customized from the advanced features on the suckerfish menu generator. this is confusing and annoying as i paid for the one feature of current page highlighting on what I thought was the newer product.

&quot;noel&quot; wrote:
    does the multilevel plugin work with thesis 1.6?

No idea.

&quot;noel&quot; wrote:
    and if so where does <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?> get inserted

Try the PixoPoint Menu plugin, it automatically inserts the menu into Thesis for you.

&quot;noel&quot; wrote:
    also the pixopoint menu which has the automatic integration with thesis 1.6
    cannot be customized from the advanced features on the suckerfish menu generator.

Yes it can. What made you think it couldn’t be?

&quot;noel&quot; wrote:
    this is confusing and annoying as i paid for the one feature of current page highlighting on what I thought was the newer product.

There is no newer product. There are advanced features (paid) and free features. They’re both exactly the same age. If we have posted something which is confusing about this please let me know and I will rectify it immediately as it is 100% definitely not true.

noel

Still confused:

The menu generator with premium feature produces css for "any unordered list with an ID of #suckerfishnav" – the multilevel plugin

The Pixopoint menu plug-in uses "#pixopoint_menu1"

thus the pixopoint menu which has the automatic integration with thesis 1.6
    cannot be customized from the advanced features on the suckerfish menu generator.

This is what makes me think it can’t be.

I’m sorry be a bother about this, the menu is great and you have given a lot for free…

&quot;noel&quot; wrote:
    The Pixopoint menu plug-in uses "#pixopoint_menu1"

That’s the wrapper DIV tags. The unordered list itself uses #suckerfishnav.

noel

[color=red:1tl6iaxx]    The Pixopoint menu plug-in uses "#pixopoint_menu1"[/color:1tl6iaxx]

[color=green:1tl6iaxx]That’s the wrapper DIV tags. The unordered list itself uses #suckerfishnav.[/color:1tl6iaxx]

[color=red:1tl6iaxx]where is the suckerfishnav css kept for the pixopoint-menu?[/color:1tl6iaxx]

It’s stored in the database. You can change it via the plugins admin page.

Since you are using Thesis, you may want to choose the "Disable CSS" option and move that CSS into the custom CSS file that comes with Thesis. That’s the sort of thing that Thesis is engineered to do very well.

KellyE

Ryan,

This is the same problem I’m having. The test site is hidden right now so I can’t post a link, but it won’t really help…

I installed the PixoPoint menu plugin on a very simple Kubrick test site so I can get the styling of the nav menu how I want it before moving it to its eventual home. Then I signed up for a week with the premium features of your multilevel CSS generator here at PixoPoint, as the generator within the plugin is currently disabled. I presume it wouldn’t have had all the features anyway, so that’s no problem.

The generated code which I copied to paste into my CSS, refers to #suckerfishnav (a section, not the full code, below):

#suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a {
        color:#ffffff;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover a {
        color:#ffffff;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover li a {
        color:#E8E8E8;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul ul {
        left:-999em;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li.sfhover ul {
        left:auto;
        background:#858259;
        }

etc.

However, in the Advanced menu of the plugin, it refers to #pixopoint_menu1 and #pixopoint_menu2 in the two sections where you can modify the CSS (a section, not the full code, below):

#pixopoint_menu1 {
    width:100%;
    height:35px;
    background:#B41520 url("../images/dazzle_red.png") repeat-x;
    background-position:50% 0;
    margin:0;}
    #pixopoint_menu1 ul {
    width:100%;
    border:none;
    background:none;
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    list-style:none;
    }
    #pixopoint_menu1 li {
    border:none;
    background:none;
    background:#B41520 url("../images/dazzle_red.png");
    color:#FFFFFF;
    line-height:35px;
    z-index:20;
    letter-spacing:0px;
    background:;
    font-weight:bold;
    font-size:14px;
    padding:0;
    margin:0 0px;
    ;float:left;
    font-family:tahoma,sans-serif;
    position:relative;
    }
    #pixopoint_menu1 li:hover,#pixopoint_menu1 li.sfhover {
    background:#D43843 url("../images/dazzle_red.png");
    background-position:0 60px;
    }

etc. You get the idea.

So I looked at several forum posts here, hoping to understand this; when none of the posts seem to tell me how to modify the #suckerfishnav CSS to work in that Advanced section, I wondered if disabling that CSS and putting the CSS into my theme’s style.css, then wrapping the pixopoint php that I’ve placed in the header with a div #suckerfish would work; it did not.

In this post you wrote that the ul itself uses that class, so I tried calling it a ul class instead of a div class, and that didn’t work either.

Next I dove into editing the plugin, thinking perhaps the plugin calls a suckerfish.css and I should put the code into that, but there is no suckerfish.css in the plugin’s files. I didn’t edit any other files since there was no such .css there.

I’m pretty good with coding html and css, and I know what to look for. A link to my site won’t help because I haven’t been able to make any modifications, since I can’t figure out where this css should go!

In another post someone asked for a tutorial, which would be great, but I think just a well-placed sentence or two of explanation would be fine.

Is there a way to get this "suckerfish" code (yes, I know it’s not a different kind of code, but the names it generates don’t relate to the CSS of the plugin) to play nice with the PixoPoint menu plugin while the automatic generator that is supposed to work inside of my WordPress is down for debugging, as it mentions on the Settings page?

Or will I need to figure out how each bit of code relates from the code generator to the plugin on my own and manually edit each line of the plugin’s CSS?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

I can’t see how any of that matters. The plugin by default uses the wrapper DIV for styling the menu, the CSS generator uses an ID on the unordered list itself. Either work fine, so I’m not seeing how this could be a problem.

You can use either approach. For the plugins default CSS I used one method, for the other I used the other method. Which you use is up to you.

Sorry for the abrupt reply.

What I meant to say was that the plugin uses #pixopoint_menu1 and the CSS generator uses #suckerfishnav. You can use either since there is a wrapper DIV with ID of #pixopoint_menu1 and a UL tag with ID of #suckerfishnav.

Simply replacing the CSS in the plugin with the CSS generator code will work fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.