PixoPoint or Suckerfish Tutorial???

Forums Forums Menus PixoPoint or Suckerfish Tutorial???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    foehammer865

Does anyone one know of a decent tutorial out there detailing how to install and use either Pixopoint Menu Plugin or the suckerfish dropdown menus?

I have read and read and read, and have become thoroughly confused as to what CSS to use, where to place, how to activate properly, and such.

I got it working on my site(offline) sort of, but I am not confident in my implementation.  I am admittedly a newb to WP and CSS, but I know enough.  Should I place CSS in the plugin-advance tab? or into my own style.css file in my theme?  Do I need to add code to my header file or does the plugin do this for me? 
    The instructions reference the CSS generator, which makes "suckerfish" css, while when I activated the plugin, it’s got "pixopoint" css.  What’s the deal here? 

Anyways, I’m looking for a good tutorial if there is one out there. ???

Suckerfish is JavaScript which is used to trigger dropdown menus which are styled via CSS. They’re all the same thing.

You can either place your CSS in the plugin’s admin page or in your themes stylesheet, whichever you want to do is fine.

I didn’t realise how few people knew what the Suckerfish technique was when I started writing all this stuff. In future I’ll be removing the name Suckerfish from anything to save confusing people.

foehammer865

Well, I’ve done enough reading to understand what Suckerfish is, and how to use it directly, but I started getting confused, when suckerfish and pixopoint started intermingling.  And then some basics on configuring the plugin slowed me down.  A few days of playing with it, and it was up and running.

I was just looking to see if someone did a step by step walk-through of getting it up and running.  Then I can modify it, as needed at that point.

"foehammer865" wrote:
    I started getting confused, when suckerfish and pixopoint started intermingling.

How could they get intermingled? One is the name of our business and the other is a javascript technique.

foehammer865

What I meant by "intermingling" was that the CSS in the plugin references things like "pixopoint_menu1", etc.  While the CSS generator on your site that states in places to copy and paste it into the plugin, references "suckerfishnav".

So I’m missing the crossover point here.  I’m not trying to be accusatory or anything.  Love the work you have done.  Pretty impressive.  I was just wondering if anyone else or you have done a more detailed tutorial to help those of that haven’t been able to connect all the dots.

I’m not sure where the confusion is. The CSS generator page is correct. The plugin happens to add a few wrapper tags in case they’re of use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.