"Fatal Error" regarding Suckerfish Plugin

Forums Forums Menus "Fatal Error" regarding Suckerfish Plugin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    salesgrower

Since yesterday I’ve been getting a "fatal error" on my WordPress blog page. It causes everything other than the very top part of my blog page (and the fatal error) to be hidden.

This is the error message:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function suckerfish6() in /home8/[first 8 characters of domain name]/public_html/wp-content/themes/[domain name]/header.php on line 67

Yesterday I updated my WordPress blog to version 2.8.6. I am a novice user of WordPress. I paid someone to set up the blog a few months ago.

Because i am a novice, it now appears that I made a mistake when I used the "automatic update" option to update WordPress yesterday.

The person who set up the blog for me included Suckerfish, although I see that Suckerfish is not supposed to be used for WordPress versions higher than 1. The blog worked fine until after I updated my WordPress version yesterday.

After the problem appeared yesterday, I deleted the Suckerfish plugin and deactivated all other plugins. Once the problem is fixed, I’m thinking I can activate the other plugins one at a time to help identify any other problems that might occur.

Given that I do not have any experience with code, how do you suggest that I get this problem fixed?

Thanks

Change the line that says suckerfish6() in your header.php file to pixopoint_menu() if you are using the Multi-level navigation plugin or PixoPoint menu plugin.

If you are using the Suckerfish plugin then you need to upgrade to one of the newer plugins. That plugin hasn’t been supported for a long time now and there is a big notice in the plugin upgrade page saying that you need to change to another plugin rather than upgrade it if you are using it to add a menu to your page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.