Pixopoint Menu and Firefox

Forums Forums Menus Pixopoint Menu and Firefox

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    harald

Ryan,
    I am sorry to bother you again, but i have one more issue. I use Pixopint Menu in a new site I am working on. The problem I have is that the Search box falls under the menu bar to the left without any background image in firefox. If I place the menu outside the header it works but not inside. The only thing I have changed in the CSS is the padding. I changed it back but it made no difference. IE and Safari works fine. Do you have any idea what it could be off the top of your head? Could it be a bug? The site is not live yet, so I can’t expect you to go in and look.
    Take care,
    Harald
    PS I use the Atahualpa theme. DS

Something is presumably causing the floated search box to clear below the menu. It’s impossible to determine what without seeing it though.

harald

Ryan,
    I have made the site live so you can take a look.  The url is "www.clubwitt.com/iskanorfalsterbo".
    Take care,
    Harald

It appears to be working now. Are you still requiring assistance with this?

harald

I just checked the site in firefox 3.5.4 and the search box is still below the menu bar and without any background.

harald

Ryan
    I got it to work, but I don’t know if it was the right way to fix it. This is how it was and what I changed.

This is how I had the menu in the header
    …….
    <tr>
    <!– Header –>
    <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>
    <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata; ?>">
    <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata); ?> </td>
    <!– / Header –>
    </tr>
    …….
    and in the CSS I had the width to 100%. Then I changed the header to what you see below and I got the search box in the right place but the menu only expanded over the center column and not over the widget area.
    Then I changed the width to 1000px and it all worked in Firefox as well.
    …….
    <tr>
    <!– Header –>
    <tr>
    <td> <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?> </td>
    </tr>
    <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata; ?>">
    <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata); ?> </td>
    <!– / Header –>
    </tr>
    …….

If it works then that seems like an adequate solution.

The problem I see is that you have a bunch of pointless table tags in there which are not necessary. But that’s not related to the menu.

I split a bunch of posts off from here into another topic since they were entirely unrelated … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/forum/http://local … ic.php?t=0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.