Make parent link "unclickable"

Forums Forums Menus Make parent link "unclickable"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jbraun

Is there a way to make the parent link unclickable?

There are some parent pages that don’t have subs, so they would need to be "clickable".

I am currently using the following code in header.php

<?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>

Thank you,
    This is an outstanding menu

Yes, that is possible. There’s instructions in our blog … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/removing-page-urls … wordpress/

Anonymous

Is it just me or are the instructions that were written for excluding url links by page id, no longer applicable to the current version?

ian_g

those instructions are to totaly remove pages from the menu, not to make links unclickable

&quot;ian_g&quot; wrote:
    those instructions are to totaly remove pages from the menu, not to make links unclickable

No they aren’t. They’re to make links unclickable.

&quot;vajaah&quot; wrote:
    Is it just me or are the instructions that were written for excluding url links by page id, no longer applicable to the current version?

What specifically is not working for you? The instructions are definitely intended for the latest version.

rwarren

Not working for me. When I add the page IDs to the Pixopoint MLN Plugin / Menu Contents / "Pages to include or exclude in the main menu", the page disappears completely. If I set "Pages Depth" to "1 Level of Children", the excluded page’s children are forced up to the main level. Test site is at http://souhegan.net/wordpress/. I want the Member Directory link on the left to be VISIBLE but NOT CLICKABLE. Can you help? I’ve tried and tried …

Running WordPress 2.8.6 with 3 other plugins installed: All-in-One SEO, File Monitor, Database Backup, all are up to date.

Thanks!

&quot;rwarren&quot; wrote:
    When I add the page IDs to the Pixopoint MLN Plugin / Menu Contents / "Pages to include or exclude in the main menu", the page disappears completely.

Yes, that is what should happen if you do that, hence it’s called "Pages to include or exclude in the main menu".

The instructions here explain how to do it:
    https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/removing-page-urls … wordpress/

Note: This only works in the PixoPoint menu plugin, not the multi-level navigation plugin.

rwarren

Excellent! The confusion was that I didn’t realize there were 2 different plugins from PixoPoint. Now that I’m using the right one, everything is fine. In fact, the calls in the sidebar and the stylesheet did not even need to be changed. Thank you SO much.

&quot;rwarren&quot; wrote:
    Excellent! The confusion was that I didn’t realize there were 2 different plugins from PixoPoint.

Yeah, sorry for that confusion. I’m [b:1yk4ryyc]trying[/b:1yk4ryyc] to get a new version of the PixoPoint Menu plugin up and running which will make the Multi-level navigation plugin redundant (ie: there will be a flawless upgrade system to move from one plugin to the other with all of your settings taken over and no loss in functionality).

Anonymous

Hi Ryan,

I had the same issue as rwarren so I change plugin from PixoPoint Menu Plugin to Multi-level Navigation Plugin trying to get the categories with no content to be un-clickable but now not only the function removes the category completely (just like the other plugin did) but now it wont arrange the categories by ID (they stay alphabetically no matter what I choose).

Any idea on what is going on?

Perhaps try the new beta version:
    https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/pixopoint-menu-plugin-beta-0-8/

I’ve lost track of all the changes I’ve made and am not sure if this was fixed in that version. If it still doesn’t work, then let me know and I’ll look into it further for you.

Anonymous

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delay but I was on vacations
    =)

After installing the beta version I regret to inform you that the order function does not work at all, no matter what option I use, the categories always show on  ascending name order… now I’m going to have to install the category order plug-in… ho well…

Also…

The "IDs to include or exclude" function also removes the selected category from the list instead of just removing the hyperlink.

I’ll keep an eye on this if there is a bulletproof solution.

Cheers mate.

Anonymous

After installing My Category Order plug-in the order is still on ascending by name… what a shame.

Thanks for the bug reports.

I finally got to this today and have figured it out. I added an extra security layer in which was converting all the & symbols to &amp;. I’ll hopefully be able to put out a new version soon’ish to fix this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.