Problem with Safari

Forums Forums Menus Problem with Safari

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    harald

When I open my site in Safari I get the menu bar where it should be but the rest of the site is offset to the right of the menu bar. I don’t have the problem with Internet Explorer Browser. Any idea what I do wrong?

The site is http://kyrkansval2009.se

harald

I have not been able to fix the problem so I have switched to an other menu plugin. It is a shame since I liked the flexibility with this plugin.
    Case closed but not solved

Hi,
    Sorry for not getting to this on time. I suspect it was something fairly simple, but I can’t fix it without seeing the code. If you are still interested in using our plugin post back here and I’ll have another check once I can see how you have it integrated.

harald

Thanks Ryan for getting back to me. The reason I could not wait is that the site is live and there are some visitors who use safari and firefox. The thing is that it worked fine in the beginning but then suddenly it did not. I installed the menu again and the problem is back both in safari and firefox. IE works fine. I will let it be up for a day or two for you to take a look. Can you see the code you need by going to the site? Please let me know if there is anything more you need to be able to see what is wrong.

Hi,
    I’m surprised it is rendering correctly in any browsers.

You currently have the following code:
    [code:3ogc4tvv]
    <tr>
    <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>
    <!– Header –>

<td id="header" colspan="1"> [/code:3ogc4tvv]

Which needs to look something more like this:
    [code:3ogc4tvv]
    <tr>
    <td>
    <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <!– Header –>

<td id="header" colspan="1"> [/code:3ogc4tvv]

Note, I haven’t actually tried that code, it’s just an example of valid code whereas the code you have currently is invalid.

harald

Ryan thank you so much for your help. I took the code exactly as you wrote and it worked like a charm in all browsers. That is the difference between an amateur and a professional, and I don’t think there is any confusion about who is who in this case.
    Regards,
    Harald

harald

Hi again.
    I am sorry but I was a little to quick on the drawer. I still have a problem on pages with widgets. If you click on the page "Valbrev" you will see. The menu only covers up to the widget. It would be great if you have a chance to take a look.
    Take care,
    Harald

It appears to be working fine. Is this perhaps a browser specific issue?

harald

Sorry, but I had to switch back to the theme menu untill Sunday. I think your menu sits in the wrong place because when I have a widget it adjust to the center page and does not expand over the widget. I will put your menu back on Monday so you can take a look if you have time. I am sorry that I can’t figure it out on my own.

harald

I have put the menu back on and this is one page where you can see the distorsion http://kyrkansval2009.se/?tag=rickard-nordin.

You have some borked code in there which is probably causing problems:
    [code:3fegxhwm]<tr>
    <tr>
    <!– Header –>
    <tr>
    <td> [/code:3fegxhwm]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.