Change pages title

Forums Forums Menus Change pages title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kayfu

Hello,

I’m using the Multi-level Navigation Plugin on WordPress 2.8.4.
    I have some titles of my pages which are very long, example :
    Martial Arts Classes in Paris (FYI I’m a martial art teacher in Paris, France).
    I’d like to make it appear in the menu only as "Classes", is it possible ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

adiant

Two obvious methods, but neither of them may appeal to you, as they are both done "outside" the plug-in.

(1) change the title of the page to "Classes" and start the text of the page with an H2 or H3 tagged header of "Martial Arts Classes in Paris";

(2) don’t call the plug-in at all, but just use its CSS, by manually coding the menu yourself.  You can start by doing a View Source on your current page with the plug-in call in place.  Then edit the generated HTML to shorten any titles you don’t like.

I used the second approach to provide (one of) three menus on each page of my site.

kayfu

Thanks for the answer. Too bad there’s no solution with the plugin because I have a lot of links and it was easy to call some categories.

Sorry, but like Adiant said there is no way to do this currently.

I have been contemplating adding an option to use custom fields to control the page titles and that could also be extended to the title tags as well. This was a feature requested at WordCamp NZ the other month for SEO purposes.

I’ll put it on my todo list, but it will likely take me quite a long time to get to it sorry as I have lots of other projects on the boil right now which need my attention.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.