safari sub menu problem

Forums Forums Menus safari sub menu problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sguk

Hi, I’m working on 3 websites which use the pixopoint menu, an awesome plugin but I have one kink.

See
    http://www.calls4u.net/blog – this is a test site using pixopiont
    If you roll over the sub menu (second one along has a sub) too quick it disappears

On another site (which I can’t post a link to)
    If you roll over too quick the sub menu text jumps up over the main menu area However if you continue to roll your mouse over the grey sub menu area it jumps back

This doesn’t happen if you wait a couple of seconds after page load. I’m still testing in other browsers, and need to check on our pc, I’m using Safari 5 Mac.

I have title attributes turned off.

any help is appreciated, I was wondering if it was css related or plugin related. I’ve seen it happen on a couple of other sites on here which use pixopiint too.

***additional update***
    I’ve now had a play with the other site (which I can’t post the link to) and it’s something to do with the fade on the menu. I turned the fade onto instant, then back onto fade fast, and it seemed to have stopped the problem. I wonder if this is temporary – you can still see the problem on the calls4u site though

I think you are experiencing a problem with the jQuery Superfish plugin. For whatever reason, it is not quite perfect.

To avoid this problem, try the "basic" mode of the PixoPoint Menu Animations plugin which provides a less buggy animation effect.

Anonymous

Hi, we never found a solution to this problem. However we have discovered that it may be a safari 5 bug.
    This guy is getting exactly the same problem with megamenu which also uses hoverintent.
    This is the problem we were trying to explain in our previous post.

http://efreedom.com/Question/1-3807669/ … -Swfobject

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.