Can’t save menu changes – please help!!

Forums Forums Menus Can’t save menu changes – please help!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aegorov

Hi all,

I was doing some minor adjustments to my menu today, but now it appears that the editor can’t save the new settings. So now my menu has disappeared rendering my site unusable!

I’ve noticed in the Advanced section of the Plugin configuration, I now have the following error in the CSS window at the bottom of the window:

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  readfile() [<a href=’function.readfile’>function.readfile</a>]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in <b>/homepages/37/d273593711/htdocs/onlinesuccessmaster/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/save.php</b> on line <b>27</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  readfile(https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/codingengine/0.4al … php?id=703) [<a href=’function.readfile’>function.readfile</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in <b>/homepages/37/d273593711/htdocs/onlinesuccessmaster/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/save.php</b> on line <b>27</b><br />

I have tried to give the save.php file full read/write privileges, but that has made no difference.

I can manually put in all the changes again, and pressing Reload applies them, but it appears the Save option just doesn’t work as all the settings then default back to nothing.

Any ideas as this has really stuffed my site up!!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

aegorov

Hi everyone,

I found a work around for this, by reinstalling and manually configuring the CSS for the menu.

However, there is definitely a problem with not being able to configure and save the settings for the menu. Just a warning that it MAY effect you if you upgraded Pixopoint AFTER setting up your menus. You may lose your settings if you then try to change the appearance of your menu.
    BTW, I’m using the Thesis theme with Pixopoint 0.6.5.

Thanks

Andrew

This is a very weird problem. I haven’t heard of that before.

I’m guessing something glitched when your site couldn’t access the CSS generator.

There are a lot of improvements I need to make to the plugin including cleaning up how it interacts with the server. Some of the methods I used were a little flawed. Hopefully this is an isolated problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.